Good Progress

It is brutal working on the boat in 100 degree heat even with shade. I made good progress though by drinking buckets of water while working. I finished wiring both the rear bilge pumps though the new fuse block and everything works. I ran the radar cable into the electronics box. I replaced the captains chair seat slider, which was carroded stuck, and removed the 4″ riser. I had to file off a little bit of a mushroomed flange from the riser but what is left works smooth as butter now. I can slide the seat back and stand at the helm without the chair digging into the back of my legs. I yanked the starting battery and drilled out all the old holes in that area. Then filled them with epoxy. There were almost a dozen I filled. I mounted a new battery plate and attached it with SS screws sealed with 4200. I remounted the battery and nothing moves around now. What a novel concept on a boat. I will deal with the house battery next time. The charger got mounted and I used it to charge both the batteries last night so they are nice and topped off. The Battery Bug on the starting battery confirmed this. Then I vacuumed out the bilge and the rest of the area under the decks. Amazing how much crap was in the bilge just waiting to clog the pumps. All I really want to do is get the battery switch and VSR mounted. Then most things after that are optional and don’t have a time urgency. I spent a lot of time running wires properly and re-looming them wherever I could. More and more is getting dialed in and secured. Now it is time to get her back in the water. Ocean or lake, I am easy. Sorry no pictures this weekend. My wife lent her old camera, that I use, to a friend at school until she can buy her own. Smart phone pictures just dont’ cut it. Maybe next time.

This entry was posted in Boat, Sea Ray, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *