So much for progress

Well after my good progress yesterday, I hit a snag. I continued installing the stainless steel support tubes and I wrecked two pipe cutters. One cut then the cutting wheel crumbled, twice. I need to pick one up that has a wheel made for stainless steel and not copper. Hitting Sears at lunch tomorrow since they have one that is rated for stainless. So then I shifted gears and finished removing the old trim tab pump and tubes. I cleaned off tons of silicon, but there is a lot more to go. I also drilled out most of the screw holes and luckily didn’t find anything bad. It definitely takes a leap of faith to take a drill and start putting holes in your boat. I did use a drill stop so I didn’t go through anywhere. I poked around in the holes afterwards with a small screwdriver and found mostly solid wood which made me feel better. Then I cleaned things up because Kyle had volleyball practice coming up. I had just enough time to wash the boat before putting it back in storage until next week. Here are a couple more pictures and one with Erin giving the ladder scale. The swim step is four feet off the ground.

This entry was posted in Boat, Sea Ray. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to So much for progress

  1. Mom says:

    Cute Booth Bunny!!!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *